Preventative Maintenance is a Must
Why You Need Preventative Maintenance
The number one cause of heating and air conditioning system failures is homeowners not having routine preventative maintenance performed on their system. Regular comprehensive maintenance on your system increases efficiency and extends the life of your system, because just like your car, your HVAC system needs preventative maintenance to continue operating in good condition.
An easy way to have this maintenance performed regularly is by signing up for a preventative maintenance plan through John D. Jones! We offer 3 great maintenance plans to fit any system where you not only get a diagnostic technician who is highly skilled and experienced with interiors of all kinds to work on your system, but you also get an EPA and HVAC certified air conditioning service that takes pride in giving our clients some of the most honest, affordable, and reliable preventative maintenance available in the Panhandle area.
What We Do
We’ve included a list here to give you insight to what our maintenance plan looks like for our service plan members.
- Provide semi-annual check-ups
- Do thorough inspections for any damage to your unit or wiring
- Check ductwork for any air leaks
- Check thermostats to ensure they are running properly
- Inspect the system’s filter condition
- Examine power voltages, refrigerant pressures, and when conditions require it, we can pump down your air conditioning system
- Have 3 maintenance plans that you can choose from to best fit the situation in your home
Our comprehensive preventative maintenance programs are designed to save you money by keeping your system running at peak efficiency, maximizing your energy savings, and extending the life of your system.
What You Can Do
While becoming a maintenance plan member through John D. Jones provides promise for an efficient and effective system, there are also several things you can do as a homeowner to ensure longevity in the life of your system.
- Make sure you have a clean filter monthly and change it when it’s dirty. Always have several filters on hand.
- Consider installing a programmable thermostat. You can save energy by programming the temperature so the system doesn’t run so much while you are away.
- The outside condenser unit coils need to be free of dirt, leaves, grass and whatever else may inhibit proper airflow across the condenser coil.
- Check your air handler or furnace and vacuum for any dust or debris in and around the unit. Dirt can clog the air flow and it can overwork the equipment.
- Vacuum the dust from all the air registers around your house.
- Check vents and make sure they are clear of furniture, rugs, drapery, etc., to let air flow freely.
- Have your HVAC system serviced seasonally: Primarily in the Spring and Fall.
- Do not hesitate to contact us for questions, service or second opinions regarding your a/c and heating needs.
John D. Jones AC, Heating, & Refrigeration is a trusted American Standard Heating and Air Conditioning dealer in Tallahassee, FL. Our professional staff can answer any questions you might have. We also may make recommendations as to which system will work better for your individual situation.
You may also call us at 850-539-7294 or email us at email@example.com.